Monday, November 21, 2016

Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy

Most of the women who are diagnosed with breast cancer will undergo a breast cancer surgery that is known mastectomy. Mastectomy involves the removal of one or both breasts. After the mastectomy, the patient can decide to undergo a breast reconstruction with the main aim of regaining the shape and size of their breast. The breast reconstruction can either be done immediately after the mastectomy or months after the operation. The procedure is always done in the same operation as the breast cancer surgery is done. This is can also be done immediately after the mastectomy and therefore saves the patient from having to perform two surgeries.

In a mastectomy, all the breast tissues are usually removed together with some of the surrounding tissues. In some serious cases, both of the breasts are removed completely. This is done usually as a preventive measure to prevent cancer from spreading to other organs of the body and therefore being more fatal. The loss of one breast or both of them can be a really devastating experience both physically and emotionally for any woman. The good news is that any woman who has undergone any breast cancer surgery can reclaim her breast by having the breast reconstructive surgery performed on them. This will ensure that their self-esteem is also restored since in most cases it is lost together with the tissues of the breast that are removed.

Women who are victims of breast cancer can decide to have the reconstruction while they are still under the anesthesia administered during the mastectomy. Studies that were done recently have shown that the breast reconstruction that is done immediately after the mastectomy does not in any way affect the recovery time. This doesn’t also affect the chemotherapy as well as the reoccurrence of cancer locally. It is indeed a good choice to do the reconstruction after the mastectomy since the patient will have successfully combined the two surgeries into a single surgery experience.

The breast reconstruction also helps in restoring the symmetry of the breasts belonging to the patient. Besides rebuilding the tissues that were lost during the breast cancer surgery, the breast reconstruction will also increase the lift on the remaining tissues as well as improving the general symmetry of the tissue. It is important that the patient does research and acquire the required information before making the decision of undergoing a breast reconstruction. The patient should also discuss with the surgeon so as to know what is best for her.  The surgeon will also be able to recommend the right and natural looking breasts in terms of both shape and size. This will go a long way in ensuring that the patient feels almost the same as before once the surgery has been completed.

During the breast reconstruction procedure, the surgeon can use tissues from other parts of the patient’s body. These parts are always the bottom, tummy or back. The tissues are then modified into a mound. In the event that the tissues are not enough the surgeon can use silicone implant which will give the patient almost the same feeling as if it was natural. However, the method to be used will always depend on the patient’s anatomy as well as the expected breast size. However, it is important that the patient realizes that the feeling they would get will not be exactly the same as the one you will get with natural breasts. The patient will get used to the new feeling with time. After the procedure, there will be physical and noticeable incision points on the chest of the patient.

The loss of one or two breasts is always a very emotional experience for the patient. In most cases, the self-esteem of a woman is closely related to her breasts. Therefore the breast reconstruction is seen as a way for the woman to regain her confidence. The immediate reconstruction of the breasts will also ensure that the woman will not have to suffer breast prostheses, which is an illusion of having breasts. Breast reconstruction also ensures that the woman can wear the same clothes she wore before the breast cancer surgery and still feel the same way.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to search for cancer cure so that was how I found a lady called Peter Lizzy. She was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kinds of disease and the herbal man's email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_dr_sakura for my younger sister's help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_dr_sakura visit his website     https://drsakurahealthclinic.wixsite.com/website https://sites.google.com/view/herbalistsakura                               https://drsakuraspellcentre.blogspot.com/                 https://drsakuraspellalter.wordpress.com/         for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me    davidclara223@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete